Lauren's Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

Apr 26, 2011

Read from November 02 to 03, 2011

The most perfect and beautiful book I have ever read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

Quotes Lauren Liked

Ally Condie
“In the end you can't always choose what to keep. You can only choose how you let it go.”

I love.
The most reckless thing of all.”

Ally Condie
“Love has different shades. Like the way I loved Cassia when I thought she'd never love me. The way I loved her on the Hill. The way I love her now that she came into the canyon for me. It's different. Deeper. I thought I loved her and wanted her before, but as we walk through the canyon together I realize this could be more than a new shade. A whole new color.”

Ally Condie
“Everyone has something of beauty about them. But loving lets you look, and look, and look again. You notice the back of a hand, the turn of a head, the way of a walk. When you first love, you look blind and you see it all as the glorious, beloved whole, or a beautiful sum of beautiful parts. But when you see the one you love as pieces, as why's, you can love those parts too, and it's a love at once more complicated and more complete.”

11/02/2011 page 178
46.0% "Probably one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. Have openly wept 3 times now...and I'm only at the halfway point."

message 1: by ashleyTIA (new)

ashleyTIA yes! So excited to find time to start it. :D

Lauren yay! let me know how you like it!

Lori I just finished it and it was amazing! I LOVE KY!!!!!