FTTEBB's Reviews > Pushing the Boundaries

Pushing the Boundaries by Jessica Prince

May 13, 2016

Living in a small town has it advantages, however it has it’s disadvantages too as Trevor is finding out. He has wanted Lizzy ever since he moved to Cloverleaf but his reputation of a player is holding him back. Lizzy watches her friends settle down and get married and she wants what they have. The problem is she doesn’t think she can find it in Cloverleaf. She and Trevor are close but she has never thought of him that way. While in Vegas with their friends the unexpected marriage between Lizzy and Trevor, throws Lizzy for a loop. She immediately wants to end the marriage before she loses Trevor as a friend but Trevor has other plans in mind. Will Trevor prove to Lizzy that he is everything she wants or will they lose everything including their friendship?

I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review.

Lizzy is a fiery redhead who knows what she wants. She’s a strong independent woman who doesn’t put up with crap. She values and cherishes her friendships but feels like something is missing. She knows what kind of guy she wants and that she can’t find it where she lives. Watching her friends get there happily ever after she craves that too. Lizzy tries several different ways to find Mr. Right but every guy ends up a dud. Dating has becoming frustrating for her and she loses hope she will find her Mr. Right. Her friendship with Trevor isn’t like most, they’re always there for each other and she loves having him around. They spend several nights a week hanging out together but Lizzy has never given a second thought about Trevor being anything more than just a friend. After all she knows his reputation in town.

Trevor moved to Cloverleaf after leaving the army as his best friend lived there. He also moved there to get away from the pressures from his family, bad memories and betrayal that he wanted to leave behind. Trevor knows who he is and want he wants out of live but is having a hard time getting it. He’s a headstrong alpha male who is at his wits end with the first woman he’s care about in a long time. Lizzy can’t see past his reputation he got when he first moved to town. He has done everything he can to change it but she won’t see past it. When their friends decided to get married in Vegas, Trevor takes this opportunity to show Lizzy what it would be like to be married to him. He hopes that this will finally prove to her that he has changed and that she is the only woman he wants.

This is the first novel I’ve read by Jessica Prince and I was hooked before the first chapter ended. I love the dynamic between Lizzy and Trevor. They are close to each other and their friendship is genuine as they are always there for each other. The things Trevor does to get Lizzy to notice him and what he does to help her out while she goes on endless dates to find Mr. Right, is hilarious. I fell for Trevor’s character. He truly loves Lizzy and will do anything for her. Some of the things he does is out right comical. These two end up at each other throat and how they scheme to get back at the other kept me wanting more. Jessica Prince delivered a heart warming funny story with lots of romance. I loved this book and would recommend this to any one of my fellow readers.

Friends Till The End Book Blog: http://friendstilltheendbookblog.blog... (less)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Boundaries.

Started Reading