Debbie Payne's Reviews > Toward the Clearing

Toward the Clearing by Jean M. Cassidy

F 50x66
May 13, 2016

bookshelves: firstreads

I really enjoyed this small but mighty book of poetry by Jean Cassidy and her various collaborators. Thank you to her and Pure Heart Press for sending this to me through a Goodreads Giveaway. I don't read a lot of poetry but this was something beyond just another book of poetry. Jean has given us three things that bind this body of works into a very unique art form. We have the written word along with the oral tradition and the lovely musical accompaniment. Plus she gives us short biographies to let us know about the lives of her and her group of talented people who gave this endeavor a face, a voice and a purpose. Jean's poems give us a bird's eye view of moments in her life. Although her life started out with some sad moments, I can envision her as a woman of resilience, joy and purpose. The music was awesome and and quite frankly the beautiful voices and the music can take you to an almost meditative place. How could I give this anything but a five star rating? Thank you for the wonderful gift.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toward the Clearing.

May 11, 2016 – Started Reading