Lola 's Reviews > The Problem with Forever

The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: abuse, true-love, drama, contemporary, high-school, character-development

I was only three chapters in when I had this strong feeling that I would never forget this story.

And now that I finished it, I can confirm that this is one of the twenty most memorable love stories I have read.

It took me close to twelve hours to finish this book, but I don’t regret any minute I spent reading this emotional story. Maybe I could have read two novels in that amount of time, but The Problem with Forever touched my heart so deeply I’m sure I’ll be rereading it again in a couple of years.

It’s magnificent. The love story, although wonderful and dream-worthy, is not even the best thing about this book.

Mallory is the star. Her characterization is outstanding and her character development admirable. The entire story is extremely well-written and convincing, but Mallory – also known as ''Mouse'' – will make any reader feel for her.

I couldn’t stop thinking about her. It’s not even some type of girl crush. She’s the type of character so beautiful we're afraid to expose them to the world, because we don’t want them to be tainted. We want to conserve them as pure as they initially are.

I didn’t want to stop reading this book, because I didn’t want to leave Mallory. She has so much to deal with I felt like by keeping on reading, I was somehow there for her. She actually unconsciously makes the readers feel like their presence alone can help her.

It’s incredible. I rarely feel this way about characters.

When we first start reading this book, we may think that there will be insta-love or insta-lust, but the author steers clear of those. Mallory and Rider have a connection because they grew up together and have been there for one another for a long period of time. But now, as they’re facing each other four years after being separated, they want to reconnect, to relearn everything about one another.

It’s so sweet. Since it deals with long-term effects of child neglect and abuse, interested readers have to imagine there will be drama. And tears. And harrowing scenes.

But in the end, when I turned the last page and I looked back at my reading time, I couldn't help but realize how fascinated by the story I was.

It’s not perfect, but it’s perfectly imperfect.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Problem with Forever.

May 13, 2016 – Shelved
May 23, 2016 – Started Reading
May 24, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)

Rose So glad you liked this one! I just got it and now i'm dyiiing to read it :)
Great review (as usual) Lola :D

message 2: by TheBookAddict (new)

TheBookAddict Loved your review, Lola. Beautiful as always. : )
I'm adding this to my tbr right now.

Lola Rose wrote: "So glad you liked this one! I just got it and now i'm dyiiing to read it :)
Great review (as usual) Lola :D"

Oh, Wonderful, Rose! I'm so excited for you! I genuinely can't wait to read your own review xo Thank you so much.

Lola TheBookAddict wrote: "Loved your review, Lola. Beautiful as always. : )
I'm adding this to my tbr right now."

Aww, that's so sweet! Thank you so much. I hope you'll feel as connected to Mallory as I did xo

Rebecca Woodward Ahhh!! Thank you for your beautiful written review. I will definitely be reading this in the near future.

Emma Wow - your review is beautifully written =).

message 7: by Kels (new) - added it

Kels Excellent review, Lola! You have me dying in anticipation to get my hands on this book! So glad you enjoyed it! <3

Lola Rebecca wrote: "Ahhh!! Thank you for your beautiful written review. I will definitely be reading this in the near future."

Aww thank you, Rebecca! I'm so happy you liked it and that you're interested in the book :D

Lola Emma wrote: "Wow - your review is beautifully written =)."

Lola Kelly wrote: "Excellent review, Lola! You have me dying in anticipation to get my hands on this book! So glad you enjoyed it! <3"

Fabulous! I can't wait for you to meet Mallory and Rider :D Hope to read your thoughts soon! Thank you :)

message 11: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke Taylor Thank you so much for the recommendation and your wonderful review, Lo! I'm reading Me Before You right now and I have a feeling many more well-written and heart-felt contemporary romances are in my future. :D

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm beautiful heartfelt review! I can't wait to read this :)

message 13: by Olizia (new)

Olizia Que linda review Lola! Gracias por la recomendación del libro, *hugs*
Me intriga Mallory, así que lo voy a leer en breve. <3

message 14: by NMmomof4 (new) - added it

NMmomof4 Awesome review, Lola!

message 15: by Daiane (new) - added it

Daiane It looks awesome! It's great to find a book that even after the last page, you still feel connected to it. I will make sure to check it :) Thank you for recommending it Lola! And awesome review girl!!

Mairenn I'll read this book as soon as possible because of your review Lola. It's genuine and beautiful that I can almost feel what the book is going to be.

Karla Wonderful review, Lola! Thanks for the rec, hope to read it soon! :)

message 18: by Hobbes (new) - added it

Hobbes Fab review, Lola. Looking forward to reading this one soon <3

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Fantastic review Lola! And thanks for the recommendation, it's now on my TBR and wish list.

message 20: by Trisha (new) - added it

Trisha Harrington Amazing review, Lola! I know what it's like to find a book or series that touches your heart so deeply that you can't put it down and have to finish. So glad this one was like that for you. :)

message 21: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Awesome review dear :-)

Ayesha Excellent review, Lola!!I'm super excited to read this. *squeal*

Emer Yay!!!! I'm so pleased you enjoyed this. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy :))

Rachel Maniacup Such a sweet,lovely review,Lola! Sounds really fascinating,so I'm adding this to my tbr,thanks to you!^^

Zareen Khan Glad you liked it. :)

message 26: by destini mia (new) - added it

destini mia I'm going through a huge book slump right now, so I think I'll pick this one up now :) thanks for the recommendation!! Beautiful review!

message 27: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,babe,xx

message 28: by P (new)

P I gotta read this !

message 29: by Joy (new) - added it

Joy Thanks for the recommendation!

message 30: by Lara (new) - added it

Lara Thanks for your recommendation! This sounds great and your wonderful review makes me want to read it like right now :)

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ I'm SO glad you really enjoyed this story too! They were both so memorable and the story-line spoke to me in a way that I won't ever forget. Fabulous review, Lola!

Lola Luke wrote: "Thank you so much for the recommendation and your wonderful review, Lo! I'm reading Me Before You right now and I have a feeling many more well-written and heart-felt contemporary romances are in m..."

Oh, that's wonderful! I really liked Me Before You :D Hope you're loving it. You're definitely welcome and thank you so much.

Lola Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm wrote: "beautiful heartfelt review! I can't wait to read this :)"

I'm excited for you! Thank you, Claire :D

Lola Olizia wrote: "Que linda review Lola! Gracias por la recomendación del libro, *hugs*
Me intriga Mallory, así que lo voy a leer en breve. <3"

Oh, me encanta tu respuesta!! Tengo confianza que lo vas a amar!! Muchas gracias, Olizia <3

Lola NMmomof4 wrote: "Awesome review, Lola!"

Thank you so much!!

Lola Daiane wrote: "It looks awesome! It's great to find a book that even after the last page, you still feel connected to it. I will make sure to check it :) Thank you for recommending it Lola! And awesome review girl!!"

It definitely is. One thing's for sure, this is not a YA book like the others!! Aww thank you, Daiane.

Lola Mairenn wrote: "I'll read this book as soon as possible because of your review Lola. It's genuine and beautiful that I can almost feel what the book is going to be."

Aww that makes me happy. I hope many people will read this book. It's that worth it. Thank you, Mairenn :)

Lola Karla wrote: "Wonderful review, Lola! Thanks for the rec, hope to read it soon! :)"

Ooh, espero que lo vas a amar!! Gracias, Karla :D

Lola Hobbes wrote: "Fab review, Lola. Looking forward to reading this one soon <3"

Thank you, Hobbes. Hope you love it! xo

Lola Sophie wrote: "Fantastic review Lola! And thanks for the recommendation, it's now on my TBR and wish list."

That's perfect, Sophie! May you love it as much as I did (or more!) :D

Lola Birchsilver (birchbooksblog) wrote: "Wow. I have no other words."

Aww <3

Lola Trisha wrote: "Amazing review, Lola! I know what it's like to find a book or series that touches your heart so deeply that you can't put it down and have to finish. So glad this one was like that for you. :)"

It's funny coz there's a lot of reasons why we can't put down a book. Maybe we feel too connected to the characters (like in this one) or it's just so exciting (Captive Prince) or maybe we love the atmosphere (Pride & Prejudice). I love books, hehe. Thank you! :D

Lola Aditi wrote: "Awesome review dear :-)"

Thank you, Aditi! :D

Lola Ayesha wrote: "Excellent review, Lola!!I'm super excited to read this. *squeal*"

Aaah! That's great, Ayesha!! ahah, I can almost hear your squeal. Thank you!

Lola Emer (ALittleHaze) wrote: "Yay!!!! I'm so pleased you enjoyed this. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy :))"

I feared I wouldn't, since the last book I've read by JLA wan't so great - Wicked. But she's amazing with words and contemporary is definitely a genre she should write more of! Thank you :D

Lola Rachel wrote: "Such a sweet,lovely review,Lola! Sounds really fascinating,so I'm adding this to my tbr,thanks to you!^^"

Aww thank you, Rachel!! May you love it even more than I did!! xo

Lola Zareen wrote: "Glad you liked it. :)"

Lola Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "I'm going through a huge book slump right now, so I think I'll pick this one up now :) thanks for the recommendation!! Beautiful review!"

Ooomg, you just have to be aware that it's really slow!! Like I wasn't even kidding when I said it took me 12 hours to finish it! But thank you and I hope that won't be a problem for you.

Lola Judith wrote: "Great review,babe,xx"

Lola P.Z. wrote: "I gotta read this !"

YOU MUST :D!!