Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > Claimed by the Mate, Vol. 2

Claimed by the Mate, Vol. 2 by Kate Douglas

bookshelves: paranormal-fantasy, erotica, love-x-s-3-or-more

COMBINED RATING 4.5 STARS

Claimed By The Mate, Vol. 2: A BBW Werewolf Menage 2-in-1 Romance is a combination of two different books by Kate Douglas and A.C. Arthur. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley, St. Martin’s Press, and by the authors.

Wild Passions by Kate Douglas
Rating 4 stars
Feral Passions is a resort run solely by very attractive wolf shifters up in the mountains. They only take small groups of women as clients in hopes that they might find their mates amongst them. Three very lucky shifters did find their mates in the previous book. Now we meet Meg Bonner and her three best friends. Meg is about to be married to a wonderful man. The wedding is almost here and Meg and her friends are going to Feral Passions for a Bachelorette vacation. The closer the wedding gets, the more worried Meg is becoming that she isn’t enough for her husband to be. She is plagued with self doubt. This week away from him will be good to clear her head. Her three best friends are just along to support their friend and to have fun, never thinking that this trip would change their futures forever.

mountain cabin:

Meg’s three friends all experience instant attractions to the oh so swoony men at the resort. It doesn’t take long for them to start to suspect that there is something different about these men. At the same time, the men are having to deal with some poachers that are killing some of the wild animals on the preserve. It is due to this that they discover that one of the women have a very special ability, one that definitely is very useful during a crisis.

wolf and woman:

This was a cute, sexy story and I liked getting a little update on some of the characters from the first book. I feel bad for the alpha, Traker. He hasn’t found his mate yet. He was so disappointed that none of these women were for him so hopefully in a future book he will find his own HEA.

Her Perfect Mates by A.C. Arthur
Rating 5 stars
Dr. Caroline Douglas worked her way through veterinarian school all on her own. Her childhood was not a stable one. She is proud of accomplishing all she has. She has taken over a practice in Blackbriar, Montana, a small community she hopes to make a life in. But then Malec Zenta walked in to her office with an injured buck and everything changed.

Malec is a Lycan. They are a hybrid werewolf. They don’t change completely to wolf form but more of a combination of wolf and man. Malec lives with his Alpha and his wife whom we met in the first book. They also have two other pack mates, Phelan and Channing Verdi. Malec and Channing have formed a close friendship over the years, they think of each other as brothers. But they also enjoy sharing women. They always share other lycans, though, never a human. So Malec was both shocked and irritated at the strong attraction he felt towards the new town vet. She was human so off limits. But when Channing met her and felt the same thing, it was even harder to resist.

At the same time, someone is purposefully injuring animals and leaving them for Malec and Caroline to find. Who or what is hurting these animals and why are Malec and Caroline being targeted?

The attraction between Caroline, Malec and Channing becomes impossible to ignore. The danger from whoever is hurting the animals also gets worse, putting Caroline in danger.

sexy times:

I loved this one and wow, can A.C. Arthur write sexy. All three of these characters have suffered greatly in their pasts. I loved Channing and his nurturing personality. These three together were perfect. It just took them awhile to figure it all out.

Both of these stories were just great. They were sexy, fun, and suspenseful. I ended up reading it much quicker than I anticipated, I couldn’t put it down. If you haven’t read volume one yet, you definitely should. I loved it as well. While it’s not necessary to read it before this one, reading it first will introduce you to the characters that recur in both books and will make you enjoy this book all the more.

signature

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed by the Mate, Vol. 2.

May 13, 2016 – Shelved
May 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 14, 2016 – Started Reading
May 14, 2016 – Shelved as: paranormal-fantasy
May 14, 2016 – Shelved as: erotica
May 14, 2016 –
page 0
"Part one: Wild Passions by Kate Douglas"
May 15, 2016 –
18.0% "Chapter 5\n Yes, Yes, Yes"
37.0% "Chapter 10"
May 15, 2016 –
50.0% "Part two:\n Her Perfect Mates by A.C. Arthur"
May 16, 2016 –
63.0% "Chapter 5"
May 16, 2016 –
80.0% "Chapter 10\n OMG A.C. Arthur can write sexy."
May 16, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 15, 2016 – Shelved as: love-x-s-3-or-more

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Evgeny (new)

Evgeny Great review Carol!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Evgeny wrote: "Great review Carol!"

Thanks, Evgeny. I loved it!! XO

message 3: by Dali (new)

Dali Fab review Carol!

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Awesome review Carol :) xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Dali wrote: "Fab review Carol!"

Thanks so much, Dali!! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Megan wrote: "Awesome review Carol :) xoxo"

Thanks, Megan, so much! I loved this one!! :)

message 7: by Alp (new)

Alp Excellent review as always! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Alp wrote: "Excellent review as always! :)"

Thanks, Alp. I loved volume one so I knew I would enjoy this as well!!

Clumsy Storyteller Fab review hun ! Xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Khadidja wrote: "Fab review hun ! Xoxo"

Thanks so much, Khadidja!!

message 11: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Carol! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Carol! :)"

Thanks, Candace!! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Happy Release Day Kate Douglas and A.C. Arthur!!!

Happy Book Birthday