Shelley Wilson's Reviews > Bitch Witch

Bitch Witch by S.R. Karfelt

Sarah Archer is a witch. She comes from a long line of witches. They were bad. She doesn’t want to be.

At the back of this book, the author has written a personal message to her readers, and I think her final sentence sums it up perfectly for me. ‘Surely there’s a little bitch witch in all of us, and even when we follow the light there’s just no getting rid of her completely, is there?’

From the first page, I felt an instant connection to Sarah Elizabeth Archer as she battles against her inherited ‘bitch witch’ legacy. We’ve all been there haven’t we – wanting to do the right thing but getting a little side-tracked. Stephanie Karfelt ensures that her protagonist is as down to earth and engaging as she can be. It’s this personality that hooks the reader in and helps us empathise with the main character.

Full of humour, Bitch Witch will have you laughing one minute and then cringing at Sarah’s misfortune the next. The author does a fabulous job of creating fully rounded characters who you can relate to. Paul is an intriguing hero, and I loved the way the book didn’t follow the usual girl-meets-boy-and-falls-head-over-heels line, in fact, the romance aspect of this novel is highly amusing and a pleasant surprise.

As I read Bitch Witch, it played out in my head like a comedy sketch, and I think it would transfer incredibly well to the screen. The secondary characters were an amusing addition, and I especially liked Mindy. I would have like to see Father McCloud return at the end too.

Bitch Witch was a thoroughly enjoyable read.

I reviewed this book for the BHC Authors Arc Program. I received a copy of Bitch Witch in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitch Witch.

May 13, 2016 – Started Reading