Grace's Reviews > Grayson's Vow

Grayson's Vow by Mia Sheridan

May 12, 2016

This is a story of survival, overcoming challenges and the importance of believing in another to help them through tough times.

I loved the idea of this story, and for the most part, I loved its execution. Its Mia Sheridan people, of course it's good.

I adored the "Little Witch", Kira. Despite growing up wealthy, she didn't have a home life to envy, all because of her controlling prick of a father. Did that make her a cold heartless woman? No, quite the opposite actually. She is as selfless as it comes. She makes sacrifice after sacrifice to help others. Beyond that, she has an inner strength that will win you over. Life throws her one curve ball after another, and she takes it like a champ, with her chin held high.

At the opposite spectrum is Grayson. My feelings on him ebbed from negative to positive, and back to negative.

The negative
When Kira first approaches Grayson, instead of being grateful, he acts rude and inconvenienced. He quickly judges her and treats her like crap, to put it bluntly.

But beneath my anger, there was an undeniable feeling of shame and sadness. Was it worth it? God, I had to believe it would be. Someday.

The positive
It is impossible to ignore Kira's positive spirit, and although the Little Witch isn't his type, Grayson can't help but be enchanted by her. I loved he embraced his role as "the dragon" and the two shared some very sweet moments.

The negative, again
Kira proved on more than one occasion the type of woman she was, putting everyone before her. However, with one small revelation, Grayson chooses to ignore everything he knows and nearly ruins what they created. Overreact much?! I was soooo annoyed with him.

That night, under the moonlight, she had saved me. And when it came time, I hadn't been strong enough to save her back.

Despite Grayson's actions, this book has a great cast of secondary characters, Charlotte, Walter, Harley, Virgil, etc, who have his back despite his poor treatment of them at the time.

"If you let it, pain makes more space for love within you. And the love we carry inside makes us strong when nothing else can."

Overall, it is Kira and these secondary characters that really made this book enjoyable for me. Another great addition to a great series.

For more reviews, visit
description
description description description description
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grayson's Vow.

May 12, 2016 – Started Reading