Samantha (WLABB)'s Reviews > It's Not Me, It's You

It's Not Me, It's You by Stephanie Kate Strohm

Oct 08, 2016

bookshelves: arcs, ya, favorites, romance

This book was so much fun! I know, we have seen the whole ask-all-my-exes-why-we-broke-up thing, but this was fun and fresh none the less.

Avery is a popular girl and head of the illustrious prom committee. However, one week before the prom - disaster! Her boyfriend breaks up with her. This prompts Avery to examine her dating life. She decides to use this as the topic of her final history project. After enlisting her best friend, Coco, and her loyal lab partner of four years, Hutch, Avery sets out compile her romantic oral history.

The format was great. I really liked the way so many different characters were able to give their two cents, but Avery's voice remained so strong. **This was often accomplished via "editor's notes", which were hilarious. I adored all the different types of boyfriends we got to meet. There was so much variety, and it just added to the overall hilarity of the story. There were also these awesome friendships, which I wanted to be part of. Hutch and Avery were standouts, but there were a multitude of secondary characters who were able to steal the spotlight at times.

This book was so much: fun, hilarious, charming, adorable, and smile-inducing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not Me, It's You.

May 12, 2016 – Shelved
October 8, 2016 – Started Reading
October 8, 2016 –
page 21
7.29% "I just started, but so far, this is so much fun."
October 8, 2016 –
page 37
12.85% ""Hutch: How do you not know who Neil deGrasse Tyson is? He's like the Drake of the scientific community!" - #truth"
October 8, 2016 – Finished Reading