Ginger's Reviews > Vicious

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

bookshelves: 2018

5 STARS! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

WOW! I had no idea I would like this book so much. I’m really glad I picked it up this month and gave it a chance. I’m really looking forward to the sequel that’s coming out this year!

It’s such a cool plot along with great characters. What’s not to love about questionable characters that battle on being good and evil?!

I really can’t think of anything that I didn’t love about this book from the writing, great plot, the EO abilities of the characters to the ending.
Loved the ending by the way! The ending was solid with the way V.E. Schwab brought everything together.

This is the first book that I’ve read of hers and I really enjoyed it. I’ll have to take a look at other books of hers in the future.

Recommended to comic book fans, superhero fans, fantasy fans and anyone that loves a good story about the battle of good vs evil!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vicious.

May 12, 2016 – Shelved
May 12, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 27, 2017 – Started Reading
December 27, 2017 –
8.0% "Great start!"
January 3, 2018 –
20.0% "Wow! I'm loving this so far!"
January 5, 2018 –
32.0% "Besides, Victor had found other ways of asserting himself at Wrighton, from the subtle discomfort inmates felt when they displeased him to the instant agony he used more sparingly, the kind of pain that left them gasping at his feet."
January 9, 2018 –
47.0% "EO drama!"
January 11, 2018 –
63.0% "Both characters are bad in their own ways but Eli is the worse. I hate this guy!
"
January 13, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 26, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt Weir Good review. Never read any of Schwab's books before, but plenty of my friends have told me I need to give them a go.
May try this based on your recommendations.

message 2: by Ginger (last edited Jan 14, 2018 08:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger Matt wrote: "Good review. Never read any of Schwab's books before, but plenty of my friends have told me I need to give them a go.
May try this based on your recommendations."

Thanks Matt!
I think you should try this first since it's not YA. I like some YA but I'm not sure if you do. It seems like a lot of people have liked this series after reading some of the reviews last night.

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt Weir Ginger wrote: "Thanks Matt!
I think you should try this first since it's not YA. I like YA at times but I'm not sure if you do. It seems like a lot of people like this series, including myself! I really enjoyed it! "

You're welcome!
Yeah, that was where my hesitation initially resided. I've not read much YA in my life (it wasn't really a thing when I was a YA, hahah!) and that which I have read, whilst being enjoyable, never got me hooked.
I'm probably a snob. I've likely enjoyed more YA books than I have literary fiction, but I keep going back to literary fiction. Some fools never learn.

But if this isn't too expensive I'll wrap my grubby mitts around it.

message 4: by Ginger (last edited Jan 14, 2018 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger Matt wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Thanks Matt!

Awesome! No, you're not a snob. You like what you like and there's no shame in that. I love historical romance books and I don't give a fuck if others don't like it. hahaha
I've read some YA in the last two years that I liked but I'm super picky on the genre.

I didn't feel Vicious was YA at all. I think you would love it. I mean, it's got Villains in it for goodness sake!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Great review hon!!! I have been putting this one off because I didn't think I would like it. I may have to move it up because of your review and the sequel she's putting out 😊💕

Ginger Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Great review hon!!! I have been putting this one off because I didn't think I would like it. I may have to move it up because of your review and the sequel she's putting out 😊💕"

Thanks Mel! I think you would like this on knowing what you read. Give it a shot. I really enjoyed it!

Iryna *Book and Sword* Ohhh man, I haven't had much luck with Schwab but I trust your opinions so I might have to pick it up :)

message 8: by Ginger (last edited Jan 15, 2018 01:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger Iryna (Book and Sword) wrote: "Ohhh man, I haven't had much luck with Schwab but I trust your opinions so I might have to pick it up :)"

I hope you like it Iryna if you pick it up! I really enjoyed this and it’s the 1st book that I’ve read of hers.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Ginger wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Great review hon!!! I have been putting this one off because I didn't think I would like it. I may have to move it up because of your review and the sequel she's putti..."

You're welcome =) And thank you!

message 10: by Shaina (new) - added it

Shaina This is in my list of haves, & must reads... so glad to hear! Exceptional review!

Ginger Shaina wrote: "This is in my list of haves, & must reads... so glad to hear! Exceptional review!"

Definitely give it a try Shaina! I really liked it. It was a fun and entertaining read!
By the way, we're starting on our BR of City of Endless Night on March 4th. Hope you join us! The BR group forum is over on Horror Aficionados group.

message 12: by Shaina (new) - added it

Shaina I will be there with bells on!

Ginger Shaina wrote: "I will be there with bells on!"

Great!! Woot woot!