Alison's Reviews > The Immortal Rules

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Apr 25, 2011

Read in April, 2012

Vampires are back!

Known for her Iron Fey series, Julie Kawaga takes a bite out of Vampire fiction...and draws blood! Did I try to hard for a catch-phrase there? Well, Julie deserves it.

Julie Kagawa knows how to capture my attention, and keep it. Her writing is fast-paced and exciting. She finds a way to draw readers in, and become connected to her characters, while always keeping the action and movement flowing.

THE IMMORTAL RULES is a story of vampires in a dystopian world - something I have not seen before! If anyone could mash together the two hottest genres in YA fiction, Julie Kagawa can, and she did it well.

It's the first in a series, and while it leaves us wanting for more, I feel like she did a great job in concluding this first piece of Allison's story.

I can't get enough of The Iron Fey series...so this was a nice book to read while I wait for The Lost Prince. For anyone who doesn't know Julie's work, go to your local library, find the K aisle, and read your little heart out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortal Rules.

Educating Drew How are you enjoying this so far? I'm having a hard time getting into it but I def think its a me, not the book sorta prob.