Annabel Joseph's Reviews > Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord

Apr 25, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in April, 2011

I will echo another reviewer and say that while this book was fine, it was a little too nice and pat for me. The hero and heroine were just too perfect and a little prissy, honestly. I mean, the story was well told, the plot was tight, but it seemed to drag just because I got bored reading about two perfect people and their gentle and sweet misunderstandings. I got REALLY tired of listening to Isabels internal dialogue about all her issues.

I was a bit disappointed because I loved Rake so much--SO MUCH--but I understand she has another book coming up so maybe that one will do it for me a little more than this one.

Again, no complaints, just... oh well, I do have one complaint. The author always uses the phrase "his mouth kicked up in a smile" and since it's such an unusual way to phrase it, I notice when she uses it 6 or 7 or 8 times in the same book. I noticed it in the last one too. Please, no more kicking up smiles!

And please, a little less nice next time!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord.