Holly's Reviews > The Lightkeeper's Ball

The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble

Apr 25, 2011

Book Synopsis :

Olivia seems to have it all, but her heart yearns for more.Olivia Stewart’s family is one of the Four Hundred-the highest echelon of society in 1910. When her sister dies under mysterious circumstances, Olivia leaves their New York City home for Mercy Falls, California, to determine what befell Eleanor. She suspects Harrison Bennett, the man Eleanor planned to marry. But the more Olivia gets to know him, the more she doubts his guilt-and the more she is drawn to him herself.When several attempts are made on her life, Olivia turns to Harrison for help. He takes her on a ride in his aeroplane, but then crashes, and they’re forced to spend two days alone together. With her reputation hanging by a thread, Harrison offers to marry her to make the situation right. As a charity ball to rebuild the Mercy Falls lighthouse draws near, she realizes she wants more than a sham engagement-she wants Harrison in her life forever. But her enemy plans to shatter the happiness she is ready to grasp. If Olivia dares to drop her masquerade, she just might see the path to true happiness.

My Review:

Ok, well I received this book from Booksneeze.com. I really enjoyed this read. If you love Romance you will definitely enjoy this as well. This book starts off with Olivia finding out about her sister Eleanor’s drowning. Olivia cant believe that Eleanor has drowned because she didnt even like to swim. Now because the incident was so mysterious Olivia decideds to go and find out more about her sisters drowning.

On the way there she gets pushed off the ship and her rescuer happens to be Her sisters future husband Harrison. Im sure Olivia had to have been quite shocked by that. The story really takes off from there. I dont want to give too much away. The synopsis says quite a bit. I will however say this was a really good read and would recommend it.

So, overall is give this book 4/5 I loved the cover, I loved the story line it has your romance and mystery : )

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightkeeper's Ball.