Home. Love. Books.'s Reviews > The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away by A.J. Pine

Check out more of my reviews on at Home. Love. Books. - The best place to find your next book! http://www.homelovebooks.com photo synopsisgraphic.pngThis book was super cute, if you like super cute romances then this book seriously fits the bill. I've made it a pretty well known fact that I love relationships that are born out of friendships, and in this case you have two best friends. One of the things that appealed to me about this book is that there is a road trip, and I love road trips, I think they appeal because I've never really gotten to go on one (unless you count moving across the country at the drop of hat, thank you army).

So when the book starts we meet Jamie and Brynn, two best friends that have been friends since high school, and wouldn't you know it Jamie loves Brynn. Brynn is kind of obsessed about this other guy, getting her second chance with this guy. So when the guy invites her to another state for an important event, she jumps at the chance, except she has to find a way to get there, enter Jamie. Jamie decided to take this road trip as the perfect chance to see if there can be anything between them. Jamie is in my opinion kind of a great guy. I mean he wants to be with Brynn but at the same time he doesn't want to stand in her way, if someone else is going to make her happy then he wants to give her the chance to do that, even if it kills him. But more than that he's a great friend. The two of them have a great dynamic, they almost kind of orbit around each other with how comfortable they are in each others lives.

Brynn, well she's interesting, kind of all over the place to be honest. You can tell she really cares about Jamie, but she is so single mindedly focused on the other guy that she doesn't even consider Jamie to be an option. See there was a moment in time where Jamie and Brynn had a moment, and in the end Jamie backed away, and it really killed Brynn, so she is not at all interested in letting that happen to her again. I got where she was coming from, I totally did, but Jamie was so awesome, I really wanted her to see him in a different light way sooner than she did!

This book is really made by the chemistry between the two main characters. They have funny moments, and sad moments, and misunderstandings, it really hits all the great emotional high points. The pacing was great during the book, it made for a quick and light read, just the perfect thing when you are looking for a happy read. If you like light-hearted sweet romance then this is a book you should check out.
 photo synopsisgraphic.pngThis review was originally posted on Home. Love. Books. - The best place to find your next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One That Got Away.

Started Reading