Kalliste's Reviews > The Sleeping Beauty Proposal

The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer

1950900

liked it

I only picked this book up because I was assured it didn't follow the formula that all chick lit appears to follow. This was the book that was going to convince me that it wasn't all desparate/meek/heartbroken women who finally have that light bulb moment.

If you've been told the same, well I'm sorry to disappoint because this is exactly one of those books. The standard women breaks up with boyfriend/husband in a traumatic way and then, after moping for a few weeks/months realises shes worth more. Enter in handsome but argumentative man who she couldn't possibly fall in love with but, ultimately, finds herself attracted too and while protagonist is your regular Mary Jane it turns out that handsome man loves/adores/wants her at first glance.

Enter some dull twist and then BAM! story written.

Hope I didn't spoil you, but then if you're reading chick lit you know all that already.

I did really like how the characters were written though and at least Genie didn't sit down and whine for 50% of the book.

Unfortunately, other than an out of character twist it was all too predictable.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sleeping Beauty Proposal.

April 25, 2011 – Shelved