Book of Secrets's Reviews > Roses and Rot

Roses and Rot by Kat Howard

liked it

If I had to label this book, I'd call it a New Adult Fairy Tale, which I know some readers will devour. For me, ROSES AND ROT was an okay story, though not as "Gothic" as I was expecting.

Two sisters, Imogen and Marin, are accepted into an exclusive artists' colony called Melete. Only the best of the best are invited to join. It seems wonderful in theory, especially since the sisters have different talents and wouldn't be in competition with each other. Well, not everything is as it seems at Melete.

I had a hard time connecting with the characters - they weren't that interesting to me, though the crazy fairy tale their lives became was entertaining. What really kept me listening was the narration by Madeleine Maby. I love her voice, and she knows how to expertly tell a story.

Disclosure: I received a download of this audiobook from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roses and Rot.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by leslye (new)

leslye Yes, I'm one of those readers willing to devour any "adult fairy tale", lol! Nice review.

Book of Secrets leslye wrote: "Yes, I'm one of those readers willing to devour any "adult fairy tale", lol! Nice review."

Thanks! You might enjoy it! :-)