Sharon Paavola's Reviews > Saving the Marquise's Granddaughter

Saving the Marquise's Granddaughter by Carrie Fancett Pagels

The religious persecution the Huguenots suffered in Europe remains important to history. I cheer Carrie Fancett Pagels on for bringing their struggle to the forefront in Saving the Marquise's Granddaughter. I've recently been made aware of their plight and was glad to read another novel depicting it. The story sheds light, also on the social layers confining people in their lives with no hope of changing their situation but for the hope of fleeing to the New America. When they did sail away, they would become indentured servants to pay for their passage across the ocean. Once they landed they belonged to whoever purchased them and for however long it took them to repay the fee.
Suzanne leaves her home and travels through Europe in pursuit of freedom from the troubles brought upon her by her parent's faith. She endures more than any woman of her social stature could even imagine. Follow Suzanne on to America as she seeks the freedom and love she desperately wants. Will her experiences drive her to God, break her, or open her eyes to the humble man, Johan who loves her?
I recommend reading Saving the Marquise's Granddaughter. You will be enlightened and moved.
I received this book from The Book Club Network and the author for my honest opinion which I have given in this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving the Marquise's Granddaughter.

May 9, 2016 – Shelved