Alexis DeSousa's Reviews > Inviolate

Apr 24, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: indie-authors
Read from April 24 to 25, 2011

I have to admit, that at first, I was a little turned off by the subject matter. But, one thing the book does it take a real look at pedophilia, and how it truly affects the lives of others.

The biggest problem I had with this book was that there were too many characters and too much going on. There wasn't enough time spent on the characters for me to really feel a connection with them. I also think Gene Gillian, one of the sexual predators, was one of the best characters, and was under-utilized. I would have liked to see more of what happened to him once he was found out in Hawaii.

The book skips around a lot from different characters. Some, I wasn't sure what their true connection was to the story (the man from Halloween who always dressed differently each year... for instance). Because there were so many characters, the extraneous ones made it more difficult to follow the story.

In the end, I think the ideas were there, but that it wasn't really completely fleshed out. A lot of the characters seemed to come together in the end, but still, there was a bit of confusion about who was who and how they connected to the overall story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inviolate.

04/24/2011