Rikki's Reviews > Just a Bit Unhealthy

Just a Bit Unhealthy by Alessandra Hazard

May 09, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, glbt, romance

Unhealthy doesn't even begin to explain it, that's probably why I didn't like this one as much as the previous ones. Jared's love of Gabriel was one thing, but Gabriel's "love" was just insane. I don't mind fucked up characters, but this sort of co-dependency doesn't do it for me. Throw in a girlfriend who I felt sorry for on the one side, but found too stupid for words (who listens to friends who give advice like that?) and the mix is just not my cup of tea.

I can put up with all sorts of lack of realism, but the fact that Gabriel and Jared behaved the way they did and everybody around them still accepted them to be mere friends is not believable at all (I'd rather believe a college professor gives out good grades as payment for blow jobs). I am pretty sure if a football player was seen cuddling with the team's doctor nonstop, there would be a lot of awkward situations in interviews and headlines in newspapers. In the next book Tristan ponders about Gabriel not caring about what others thought of his relationship with Jared, but as it happens it seems the public thought nothing of it. Well, they should have, considering the environment of the story. Unfortunately the football world is highly homophobic.

Anyway, so far this was the least enjoyable of the books in the series for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just a Bit Unhealthy.

May 9, 2016 – Started Reading