Shalini's Reviews > An Autograph For Anjali

An Autograph For Anjali by Sundari Venkatraman

My favorite author is back with a bang! Just after I finished reading the book, I knew I had to congratulate the author for such a delightful read.

The story starts with the murder of Anjali's husband- Jayant, a multi millionaire who is selfish and unloving. As the past unveils, I got hooked into the story. Anjali's only solace is Arjun who is more like a friend and companion to her. He is loving and caring and is a dutiful son- a perfect son every mother would want. An intelligent woman that she is, Anjali is bored having spent years of her life being a housewife with no rights or voice of her own. She is lonely and is treated like doormat by Jayant. Parth Bharadwaj, an author seems to have a very positive effect on Anjali but his love makes her feel guilty and she goes into depression. Things go haywire and Jayant is found murdered in cold blood in his own bedroom. Who killed Jayant? What could be the motive of the murder? What would happen to Anjali and Parth?

An Autograph for Anjali is a complex and sensitive story. As always, Sundari has done a brilliant job with intense depiction of female protagonist. She has proved her mettle with a beautiful romance and a murder mystery to spice up the story. My heart went for Anjali and I felt equally sad when she went into depression. But her inner strength and power helped her cope up and traverse through whatever life had to throw her way. The love scenes were hot and steamy and the romance was beautiful. The story had a smooth flow and not even once I felt that some chapters were added just for the sake of moving things. It was an emotional roller-coaster ride with a fair amount of mystery, love, affection, grief, longing and strong portrayal of relations. And Arjun? I wouldn't be surprised if Sundari decides to write a book with Arjun as the protagonist. He is awesome.

Verdict: Brilliant! The best from the author... yet :)

Rating: 5 on 5

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of the book from the author via The Book Club in return for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for the same. Thanks for the opportunity.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Autograph For Anjali.

May 8, 2016 – Started Reading
May 9, 2016 – Shelved
May 9, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Sundari Venkatraman Hi Shalini,
thank you so much for that fabulous review. I am so thrilled to read it and truly happy to see how much you enjoyed reading my work. Well, if you had scrolled to the end of the book, you should have noticed that I have announced a sequel in 2017 - ARJUN'S PENANCE :D