Danna's Reviews > The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird

Apr 24, 2011

Reading this book made me realize something, if I had lived in the 1600’s, I’d probably be accused of witchcraft. People were really harsh back then, man. I really liked how the author showed that in the book.
The characters made this story for me. Maggie was a strong main character and if I were put in her shoes, I couldn’t do half the things she did. Her grandmother was hilarious and I didn’t think she deserved the ending she got. I really think that this is one of the few books I’ve read where I really wanted to strangle a person. Annie was infuriating and I couldn’t believe that everyone believed her crap.
The setting for this story was new and original. I have never read a witch story set in Ireland. I loved that the author introduced the new places with lots of details. Someday I want to visit Ireland.
The Betrayal of Maggie Blair is definitely a book you want to try if you’re a historical fiction lover like me. I give this book 4 Stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Betrayal of Maggie Blair.