Teodora's Reviews > After You, In Love Arrest

After You, In Love Arrest by Mario Gabriel Adame

Reviewed by Teodora Totorean for Readers Favorite

After You, In Love Arrest by Mario Gabriel Adame is a collection of love poems in two parts: “In Love” and “Arrest.” “Teach me how to love / Teach me how to find peace” are just two lines from the book that may seem simple at the first but they set the tone of the collection. After an introduction written in lyrical prose in the second person, the poems reveal themselves one by one, in free verse but with an inner rhythm, covering the universal theme of love in a contemporary language with reference to Facebook, well-known online games, homosexuality, computer settings, and airports to name just a few. The poems are long - one, two or even more pages - thus read like little love stories. The protagonists are the lyrical I and the lover, you, to whom most of the poems are addressed.

After You, In Love Arrest by Mario Gabriel Adame has the right dosage of prose and lyricism so you can read the poems like little stories yet be mesmerised by the rhythm and the flow of the verses. The poems are enjoyable to read, quite easy to understand, and the play on words is poetic enough to appreciate the lyricism too. I particularly enjoyed the endings of poems that show poetic talent and a feel for words. There is, however, some “bad language” which is not gratuitous, but required by the context. Overall, After You, In Love Arrest by Mario Gabriel Adame is a good poetry book and the poet shows a vast vocabulary and a wide emotional spectrum on the theme of love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After You, In Love Arrest.

Finished Reading