DJ's Reviews > The Crown

The Crown by Kiera Cass

Apr 26, 2017

bookshelves: books-read-in-2017, dystopia, hardback, young-adult, one-of-a-series

Here we are. The official end to The Selection series by Kiera Cass. Book two of the duology (IMO) and book five overall.

I feel cheated in a way. In others, I'm glad to finally know who Eadlyn chose. It's a three and a half stars for me....

When this book picks up, Eadlyn has her Elite men chosen. Hale, he was one I had hoped would go far, though I sort of guessed his tale. Ean, I had no clue about. SO it was great getting to learn and understand. Fox, I wanted to win just because I thought of Michael J so much as I read. Henri...I had hoped for something...different for him (and in a way I liked his story). It was the "Lost in Translation" that I knew what was coming. And then Kile Woodwork. Oh, Kile. I think he was the one I was rooting for outside of someone else who I can't mention without a ton of spoilers. He'd have been great.

SO COLOR ME SURPRISED when Eady chose not ---. And while I sort of guess who she was leaning towards, I dare venture to say that her interactions with Kile threw me from the scent a few times. And UGH if those times I weren't rooting for Kile.

It was Selection drama at its best!!!

I'm sure you're asking why three and a half stars then. Well, while I enjoyed the story so much, I felt like it was rushed. We went from The Elite right into a final three into a two and into the end. It was flip-a-page and we're already there. I didn't think there was enough interactions with a few of the Elite and more with the final three...I mean, it felt rushed and like there were some major pieces missing. Again, IMO. Maybe I just wanted more between those finalists and Eadlyn. Just to see the "more" that gave her the mind and heart of who to chose. Because the final choice almost came out of nowhere, with the exception of one incident.

Confused by all of that? Yeah. Me too. It felt like she made a hasty decision.

I am happy with the ending, though. Ish. I'm still favor a certain Team---- for the win. (<~~~No spoilers!)

Overall, I recommend this series. Especially if you like shows like The Bachelor and Bachlorette (of which I have never watched so...) It's unique in its dystopian ways and so familiar that you can't help but to enjoy.

*PROM IS OVER. TIME FOR THE AFTER PARTY...* ~ APRIL 2017.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown.

May 8, 2016 – Shelved
May 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 20, 2017 – Started Reading
April 20, 2017 –
page 107
38.49% "How have I read that far already?"
April 20, 2017 –
page 107
38.49% "How have I read that far already?"
April 22, 2017 –
99.0% "Aaaaannnnndddd done. Time to get busy reviewing this series."
April 22, 2017 – Finished Reading