Cynthia's Reviews > A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man

A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man by Celeste Bradley

Apr 24, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads, arc, contemporary-romance, historical-romance

Won from Goodreads.

I didn't know how I would like this book. A tale of two women told concurrently: One set in the Regency and the other at the present time. And I usually don’t like tales such as these and I can give or take a contemporary romance. So, I began reading with a bit of trepidation. I am so glad I was proven wrong, but I will admit I did enjoy The Blackbird and Sir’s story the best and if it wasn’t for that, this book would have been mediocre. The chapters skip back and forth between the time periods but that does not distract from the storytelling.

Piper works for a museum as a historical curator and when she stumbles upon a set of journals and starts reading them, the words literally turn her world upside down.

An arranged marriage, “a transaction”, has Ophelia determined to be her own woman.

This novel is a breathtaking discovery of freedom in its many forms by two women from different centuries. It will have your emotions in a tailspin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man.