Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > His Undercover Princess

His Undercover Princess by Avery Flynn

Check out this review on GraveTells to read my favorite memorable quotes and recommended wine pairing!

*** This review is SPOILER-FREE! Read on with confidence! ***

His Undercover Princess has all the gloss and sex appeal of a billionaire romance—the hero's name is even Dom. How perfect a play is that?—with the twists, turns, and excitement of a romantic suspense. Weaving all of that into a strong romance with a nail-biting happily-ever-after, this book packs a smoking hot punch! I was hooked from page 1.

His Undercover Princess is fast-paced wicked fun, a book that hits the sweet spots of moderate story length, excitement and danger, and a solid emotional connection between the two saucy leads. This is a modern day princess redemption story colored with shades of two other very popular romance tropes—billionaire and special forces military—and author Avery Flynn brings together the best of all three.

There was, however, one thing that stood out as an unfortunate mistake in the story. It's minor, but anyone who's ever shot a Glock knows they don't have external safeties. That's one of the features for which that particular gun is well known. Ms. Flynn describes the princess as "a woman who knows her firearms" yet "she pushed the Glock’s safety down with a smooth stroke of her thumb." While a Glock does have a safety—several of them internally, the most prominent one in the trigger—the shooter wouldn't disable it with her thumb as she would on a normal hand gun. Again, a very minor mistake, but I was disappointed to see it when the rest of the story was of such high quality. Had this error come later in the book, it probably would have been less jarring and noteworthy.

Overall, I really enjoyed Elle and Dominick's adventure. This is just the first book in the series, and I'm looking forward to the next installment and feisty new couple!

*I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. No additional compensation has been or will be received.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Undercover Princess.