Aimee's Reviews > Overprotected

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

Apr 24, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, favorites
Read in April, 2011

Ashlyn's sheltered life was such a fantastic story to read. I didn't expect it to be as amazing as it was, but I thoroughly lost myself in the story. Ashlyn's need for independence, even through her father's overreaction of a traumatic event early on in Ashlyn's life, is just great to see. The growth of the character is very evident as she tries to free herself of her fathers strict rules.

I loved Colin. Even though they didn't get along much as kids, since kids will be kids, Colin's character shines through and finally gives Ashlyn a shoulder to lean on. It was a little depressing, to see how cut off Ashlyn truly was, her parents didn't often comfort, didn't hang out, didn't approve of any friends save one, even if her friend wasn't allowed to visit often. Ashlyn was always alone until Colin. I was glad that she finally got someone in her corner.

I just loved the story. It was my first Jennifer Laurens novel, and I will definitely be checking out her other books. If you haven't read this book, you really need to consider putting it on your TBR list!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overprotected.