Cas's Reviews > Desolation

Desolation by Derek Landy

bookshelves: c-own, c-physical-arc

~I received a copy courtesy of HarperCollins New Zealand~

Desolation continues right where Demon Road left off. Having cheated the Shining Demon, Amber and Milo are on the run from the hounds of hell, five demonic bikers who will stop at nothing to bring them back to their master. Their only hope lies in a small town in Alaska called Desolation Hill, rumoured to be able to keep out the demons.

When they arrive, nothing is as it seems. They are told they must leave before the town festival happens. Curious, Amber and Milo start sniffing around, to no avail.

Desolation is told from three third person perspectives, two of which introduce two new character sets that are quickly entwined in the plot. Amber, as always remains the main narrator.

Glen is a very minor character in Desolation, but I feel as if he may be the source of some issues with the plot. He appears briefly near the end of the book, yet isn't mentioned again.

Derek Landy is a skilled writer, always making the plot twist and turn to confuse his guessing readers. I can't wait for book 3, American Monsters! The ending of Desolation was unexpected, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desolation.

May 7, 2016 – Started Reading