Clarissa's Reviews > This Side of the Grave

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Apr 24, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Side of the Grave.

Quotes Clarissa Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand.” (Bones)”

Jeaniene Frost
“Before we go, I gotta know: If mind-reading abilities are real, there's something else I wondered if fiction got right about vampires-"

"Ask me if I sparkle and I'll kill you where you stand," Bones cut him off with utmost seriousness.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Try not to think too often, you'll only hurt yourself”

Jeaniene Frost
“…well just call me Hannibal Lecter. With cleavage.”
tags: humor

Jeaniene Frost
“Much slower, I turned around to see Vlad examining his fingernails, as if his hands weren't still ablaze in the flames that had blasted the ghoul's head off moments before.
'what the hell was that?' I gasped.
'Premature inflammation,' He replied. 'Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing, I don't like to talk about it.' ”

Jeaniene Frost
“My dear Reaper," Vlad said, still laughing. 'Did you just check out our-'
'No!' I interrupted at once, almost lunging toward the staircase. 'I'm tired and still dazed from the Remanats and ... fuck it, I'm taking a shower. I mean, not a cold shower, because I don't need that.' -oh Jesus I was only making this worse- 'because I am cold already, and I need to get hot. I mean, warmer. Oh just shut up!' " -Pg 280”

Jeaniene Frost
“Bones didn’t share any of my qualms about suddenly holding an arm that wasn’t attached to a body anymore. He just grabbed the ghoul by his other arm and began thumping him over the head with the loose limb. I’d heard Bones threaten to beat someone with their own limb before, but I’d always assumed that was a figure of speech. Apparently not.”

Jeaniene Frost
“You’re not going to let her do this, are you?” Bones snorted. “Let her? Mate, if you think you can control a woman, you must be single—-and a thousand pounds says she beats your arse.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I doubt you’ve ever been forced to nonstop bang a woman hyped up on the undead voodoo version of Spanish fly, have you?”
His chuckle was soft. “Can’t say that I have, Kitten.”
“Yeah, well, consider me an original.”
This time, when his lips brushed across my skin, it lasted more than a moment.
“I always have.”

Jeaniene Frost
“No one believes you’re serious until bodies start to fall. -Vlad”

Jeaniene Frost
“I know I'm delicious. Nummy.....nummy.
-Vlad”

Jeaniene Frost
“Winston Gallagher!" I said, recognizing the first ghost I'de met. Then my eyes narrowed & I covered my hand in front of my crotch as I saw Winstons gaze fasten there next. "Don't even think about poltergeisting my panties again". "This is the sod? Come here you scurvy little--" "Bones don't!" I interrupted. He stopped, giving a last glare to him while mouthing YOU. ME. EXORCIST. before returning to my side.”

April 24, 2011 – Shelved