Kristin's Reviews > The Murder at the Vicarage

The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie

bookshelves: books-i-own

To be completely honest, most of Agatha Christie's books run together for me. I have a few real favorites that stand out in my memory that I could give you a synopsis of, or remember who the culprit is, etc. But other than vague memories, it only takes a month or two after reading one of her books for the details to disappear from my mind. Does this affect my enjoyment of her books? Not at all! I still consider her one of my favorite authors and always enjoy her stories so much.

What I'm trying to say is, though I've seen the TV adaptation of this book several times, I still couldn't remember who did it (I was suspicious of the doctor, for some reason), so it didn't hinder my enjoyment of it at all. This book seemed especially good, with lots of humor and that small village feel and a suitable number of twists.

I had put this one off for a while because I read somewhere that Miss Marple was barely in it. That's not the case! She's not the main character or anything, but especially compared to some others (The Moving Finger, for example, where she doesn't even appear until the last 40 or so pages), I thought she was very present in this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder at the Vicarage.

May 7, 2016 – Shelved