Sofia Sundfors's Reviews > Empire of Storms

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: adult, favorites, assasins, kickassness, myth-creatures, magic, na, romance, royalty, mages-witches-warlocks, abuse, fate, shifters, sex
Read 4 times. Last read October 26, 2018.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis: The long path to the throne has just begun for Aelin Galathynius. As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down? (Amazon, Empire of Storms Kindle Edition)

This book is: a masterpiece - just like the previous book (book 4) in this series. There are so many secrets and twists and turns that keep you interested and make you not want to stop reading.

The plot is: pretty straightforward, but actually not. You might, might be able to see where this book is headed, but most probably will not. I love all of what this book has to offer, even though I would enjoy it very much if someone could strangle some Lords in the land of yours truly (I do not mean me, even though I am flattered that you thought so).

The beginning: starts off just (or almost) where the last book ended and is great. There are some humorous instances (if you are not easily squeamish).

The middle is: perfect; with lots of kick-ass-ness, scheming, and some romance.

The crescendo is: well... The crescendo and the ending of this book are kinda the same things in my mind, so I have to say that it is amazing, heartwrenching, kick-a(ss)-licious, OMG etc..!!

The finish/ending is: horrible, but in a good way. That is, it ends with a cliff-hanger (I hate cliff-hangers with a passion) that is heartwrenching, but it makes for an incredible plot for the "6th" (?) book. The current 6th book, Tower of Dawn, is, in my opinion, more like an "in-between" book. That is, like a book "5.5" and then the coming release of "Kingdom of Ash" is book 6 (not 7, as it is called right now (15/6-2018)).

The characters are: fantastic and evolving, and secondary characters have greater depth to them than before.

Would I recommend this book? Yes/no? Why/why not? Yes! This book is excellent!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empire of Storms.

May 7, 2016 – Shelved