Sofia Sundfors's Reviews > A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: adult, abuse, favorites, fate, kickassness, magic, myth-creatures, na, romance, royalty, sex
Read 5 times. Last read May 25, 2018 to May 27, 2018.

This book is: one of my favourites! It is soo good and I enjoy all the intricacies throughout the plot.

The plot is: wonderful. There is so much love, friendship, and kick-ass-ness that, as a reader, you will encounter everything you want from a great book.

The beginning is: heartbreaking, frustrating, and a weight in your stomach (you just want to smash some people's heads in).

The middle is: amazing! I enjoyed every moment of reading this part of the book!

The crescendo is: s*it, s*it, s*it! I do not mean that the crescendo is bad, I mean that the crescendo has you sitting on the edge of your seat while crying and yelling at the top of your lungs "No! No! No!" or that "Maas, you cannot do this to us!" etc.

The finish/ending is: a relief! If you read (or have read) the book, you will understand what I mean by that!

The characters are: phenomenal. They are growing and have a lot more depth to them than they did before. You will also get to meet new and amazing secondary characters that keep the plot intriguing.

The worldbuilding is: perfect! In the first book, I thought that there was a bit too much, but in this book, there is not too much nor too little, it is just right.

The language is: suitable for the book and its audience.

The themes represented in the book are: love, friendship, hardship, sorrow, adventure etc. Everything that you would want in a good book.

Would I recommend this book? Yes/no? Why/why not? Absolutely, without a doubt in my mind! Why? Just re-read my review and you will understand!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Mist and Fury.

May 6, 2016 – Started Reading