Angelc's Reviews > Just One Season in London

Just One Season in London by Leigh Michaels

Apr 23, 2011

3.5 Stars

I really appreciate the author trying a different format for this book, but at the same time, I really missed my warm and cozy, familiar historical romance format!

Instead of introducing a hero and heroine with alternating points of view, and maybe a supporting romantic couple, this book had three leads and three love interests. This was too many romances for me to keep up with. I couldn't really get invested in any of them. I really liked the author's previous book with three separate but interconnected short stories, and I think I would have liked this one more if it had been in that format.

Miranda and Marcus' story was the most interesting to me. They already had a history together to build on. I would have loved to have seen their story grow more because there was a lot to work with there. I think Sophie's romance could have been the best of the three, but the least amount of time was devoted to her love story. Poor Rye was a great character, but his romance was so predictable.

There are lots of balls and operas with many misunderstandings and rumors. Fans of this type of Regency are sure to love this book. If you are more interested in the "he said, she said" of the Regency social circle and won't mind if the romances aren't fully fleshed out, you will most likely enjoy this book.

Overall, heavy on the Regency social scene, lite on the actual romances.

ARC sent by publisher in exchange for honest review

reviewed for http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Season in London.