Kayla (Kayla's Book Nook)'s Reviews > True Colors

True Colors by Krysten Lindsay Hager

bookshelves: arcs, ya-contemporary, young-adult, middle-grade, netgalley

*Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars*

I really enjoyed this book, and I could barely put it down! I loved the characters and the plot, and even though yes, it was a book including middle school friendship struggles, I feel like the author really made it unique! I found Landry to be a really relatable character, with everything she had faced in the story. It takes a lot of courage to get up on a stage and model, but even though Landry may have messed up a little bit while doing so, she really pulled through and made the best of the situation, which I admire very much! I think the author was really in touch with how teenagers of the 21st century think and act. The girls in this book were portrayed very realistically and I found their maturity levels to be just right for the age they were supposed to be. I would definitely recommend this book to any young teenager who is looking for relatable characters and situations, because even though they may not be recruited by a modelling agency (that doesn't happen every day!), all the struggles and situations are definitely the types that are experienced by today's teens!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.

May 6, 2016 – Shelved