Harry Whitewolf's Reviews > Cameron Fucks Dead Pigs & I Got Called a Scrounger

Cameron Fucks Dead Pigs & I Got Called a Scrounger by Andy Carrington

28206267

bookshelves: conspiracies-and-politics, poetry

This is anarchist-activist-protest-punk poetry for the underbelly of modern Britain at its very finest. Whether Andy Carrington is writing about immigration, fascism, Wetherspoon pubs and Starbucks taking over, roads being unnecessarily dug up, dumb-down T.V, or being skint and just trying to survive, he manages to acutely say exactly what most leftie intelligent people always think about the injustices of the world, and he says it extremely well. I found myself nodding in agreement or empathy with every poem, so much so that I wanted to make a placard right there and then and parade through my local High Street with a megaphone.

I also loved the fact that he links news stories with some of his poems so that the reader can get a better understanding of what he’s talking about; ‘cos, for instance, I guess some people might not even know that Cameron apparently did actually stick his small willy into a dead pig’s mouth.

But I don’t recommend this book to the protestors, punks and anarchists, as much as I’m sure they would feel as energised as I did from reading this collection. No – I recommend this book to the people who watch Big Brother, the people who slag off Polish people living in Britain, the people who shop at Ikea, the people who wear Keep Calm And Carry On T-shirts, the people who read the Daily Mail… because they’re the ones who really need to hear what Carrington has to say.

I’ve become a fan of Andy Carrington’s hard hitting, empathic poetry over night and I can’t wait to read more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cameron Fucks Dead Pigs & I Got Called a Scrounger.

Quotes Harry Liked

Andy Carrington
“Just so you know
I’d be much less calmer

if you took your patronising Capitalist
ramble
off the face of the Earth

and remember to leave me the fuck
alone

when I’m listening to the Upstarts.”
Andy Carrington, Cameron Fucks Dead Pigs & I Got Called a Scrounger

May 6, 2016 – Shelved
May 6, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 8, 2016 – Started Reading
June 8, 2016 –
page 34
29.82% "Some people have said I'm a protest poet of sorts. Compared to Andy Carrington, I come across like a Tory."
June 12, 2016 – Shelved as: conspiracies-and-politics