Taylor's Reviews > The Angel Experiment

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Feb 25, 2008

Recommended to Taylor by: my friend saphiradragonheart(emily) and malin mertenzelli
Recommended for: most people

7 likes ·

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel Experiment.

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie Thank you for telling me about the swearing. I can handle a few swear words (2-3 per book), but it sounds like this one has too much. Connie

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah What are you talking about? There is only a couple of swear words and they are not bad like some teen books... The only swear word that he ACTUALLY says is hell... And the other words he doesn't say... for example it says "Holy [insert a choice of swear word here:]" (pg 383)You could just say holy crap if you wanted to... There is no actual 'bad' swearing... Taylor, your just overexaggerating... Connie, if you ever come back to this site, please don't have Taylor ruining your chance to read this GREAT book...
P.S. I do NOT swear so this review does not come from a cusser
~Sarah

Ryan Seriously? That's an absolutely ridiculous thing to dwell on in the book. I actually felt like Patterson swerved around curse words when he could've used them, because teenagers do curse a lot more than the teenagers in this book do.

I recall about three times in the entire novel where someone used the word "hell", which is totally mild anyway. Plus it's a young adult novel. . . you should expect a little swearing for the sake of realism.

I mean, it's wrong to curse, I guess, but it's not a big enough deal to devote a whole review of a good book to.

message 4: by Connie (new)

Connie Ryan wrote: "Seriously? That's an absolutely ridiculous thing to dwell on in the book. I actually felt like Patterson swerved around curse words when he could've used them, because teenagers do curse a lot more..."

It was so fun reading the comment you and others made about how much "light" swearing a book can have and still be ok. It made me laugh. If you decide to keep reading that series please let me know if the swearing gets worse or if it gets really scary (I don't like scary, evil books) and perhaps I will read it myself once you have screened them for me.

Anyway... Ryan, I checked out the books you have recently read. I loved the Percy Jackson and Hunger Games series' too. Both of which have action and suspense, which I love, so perhaps you will like the Alex Rider series as well, starting with Stormbreaker. If you get around to reading that series (after screening multiple books for me, ha ha) I would like to hear what you think.

Michelle Really? I thought the lack of swearing made this book a little unrealistic. Teens swear. Even the good ones. Worrying about the swearing in this book is like worrying about rain in the desert.

Taylor Excuse my for that review, everyone! If you check the date of when I read the book it was in 2007, I believe. I was merely around 14 years old. I was in a public school, so yes, I knew (and still know) firsthand that kids my age would curse. It has been a while since I have read those, but obviously that was what stood out to me. I thoroughly enjoyed those books until I got to The Final Warning where they fell away deeply from the main story plot. I remember they were very good and I enjoyed them thoroughly aside from that aspect. Also, if you can't tell from the list of what I had read at the time it was all very classic books and many young adult fantasy books, none of which had any cussing in them, so I must have been rather taken aback when reading them, hoping for literature that would be like the others and try not to offend anyone with any language of that sort. I have just recently gotten back on this website after many years and found these comments, so I updated my page to tell anyone to ignore anything I have said in old reviews for I was young and obviously didn't know how to review a book. So, please, ignore what I said then. Connie, go read the books if you are still interested! They are good. And everyone else, ignore any other reviews on here unless it is from 2013 or later!

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie Welcome back! Amazingly I still haven't read this series. I don't know why. I'm sure I will. There are just SO MANY books out there!
Don't worry about your previous reviews. They are fine. As for me, I'm still quirky, counting swear words in books so other people or parents know what is in them without having to read EVERYTHING their kids read and still feel like they know what is going on. It's so easy to do while reading books I already enjoy.