Elena's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Apr 22, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: young-adult, urban-fantasy-paranormal, reviewed
Read on May 31, 2011

I have a lot of problems with this book, ranging from the major (Lissa is pathetic) to the minor (the only fat character is a bully with poor hygiene), but I'm so behind on my reviews that I'm not going to take the time to detail them all unless someone expresses interest.

ETA: Because someone did indeed request it, issues I had with this book:
(view spoiler)

Prose-wise, the book was well-written enough. I actually kind of enjoy seeing a slightly different take on vampires, and this book had potential. The potential, for me, wasn't realized. I might be willing to take a crack at the second, but the second would have to really wow me to make me forget about all the issues I had with this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

message 1: by Susanna (new)

Susanna I'd be interested to hear more of what you thought, and if you'll give the second one a shot. It and the third are far from flawless, but I thought they were better than this one and worth at least skimming. After them, though, the series pretty much takes a flip off a mountain and free falls into a canyon of suck.

Elena I edited the review to include a list of all the ways I thought this book failed. I MIGHT be willing to take on the second one, but it would have to be really, really awesome to make up for this one.