Kate's Corner 's Reviews > Force of Temptation

Force of Temptation by Suzanne Wright

4 Refreshing Stars.

This book is a breath of fresh air. I love Suzanne Wright and the world that she has created. Each and every single book and if you haven’t read anything by her then I would go to your computer and one click her books right now.

So you’re wondering how is this can be a breath of fresh air.

Our heroine Harley Vincent is a margay wild cat not a wolf. This alone makes it different than the other books. She has a lot of feline characteristics which made this book unique.

As a half shifter she has spent time in both worlds. Her pack life is different to what a normal pack would be. Harley has resorted to roaming. It doesn’t help that her father Clive Owen is meant to be the leader of The Movement.

But that all comes to a screeching halt.

Jesse Dalton enforcer with the Mercury pack had one night with a margay cat and since then has been smitten. They have history deep and painful history.

Harley was the scapegoat for what happened to Mia. Jesse knows the truth but his old pack not so much. There is a backstory which is heart-breaking.

But amazingly enough this wasn’t the main focus in the book which didn’t make it dull as dishwater.

Jesse Dalton came straight out and said it all.

“I don’t play games, Harley, so I’ll tell you straight. I want you. In my bed. In my life. Where you belong.”

Praise the Lord no hassle there. The overall plot for the book was also different. It didn’t resort back to extremists and all the nasty things that they do. Which also was refreshing not to read about. But with a half shifter who is a bad sociopath and sick to the core.

The unknown star of the book Cassidy. So adorable.

The whole mate thing wasn’t a push or pull situation where it is denied. Nope. It developed well and then was no annoying barriers put up to make it difficult for them.
I would still like a book with Cain Holt I don’t care if he is a sociopath.

It was hard to get into the book to begin with because I switched the genre up and it just felt odd there was one time where I wanted to put it down and come back to it at some point. I’m ecstatic I didn’t.

Book received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Force of Temptation.

May 4, 2016 – Shelved
November 5, 2016 – Shelved as: pierced-and-tatted-or-not-but-hot
November 5, 2016 – Shelved as: rom-pnr-and-uf-and-fantasy
November 5, 2016 – Shelved as: wounded-warriors
November 5, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jillian Great review. I know what you mean about Cain. Now more than ever, after reading this book, I am dying to read Cain's story.

Kate's Corner Jillian wrote: "Great review. I know what you mean about Cain. Now more than ever, after reading this book, I am dying to read Cain's story."

Thanks Jillian, I know. Sometimes it is all about the crazy ones :-)