William Aicher's Reviews > Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business

Smarter Faster Better by Charles Duhigg

1220794
May 01, 2016

bookshelves: behavioral-science, leadership

Charles Duhigg's 'The Power of Habit' is one of the most important business/behavioral science books I've ever read, so when Smarter Faster Better came out I was tremendously excited. As is usually the case with a followup to something that has taken on such meaning in one's life, this book felt rather disappointing at first - especially when contrasted with the overarching concepts put forth in 'Habit.'

But if you take a different approach and view each section as almost its own mini-book on a concept, you can get some great takeaways. My copy is marked up considerably with notes and highlighter, and I have a few ideas that were sparked from this that I'm going to be implementing in my business world life. So, while 'Smarter Faster Better' may not have seemed as "focused" as 'Habit' - it still ended up being a very worthwhile read - and one that might be even better going back to for future inspiration when specific areas of decision making and productivity come into question.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smarter Faster Better.

May 1, 2016 – Started Reading