Patty 's Reviews > Interference

Interference by Mignon Mykel

12058411

bookshelves: romance, kindle

** 5 I LOVED IT stars **
"After a stressful day of exams, I was ready for a glass of chocolate wine. Whoever decided to put chocolate and wine together in one glass was a freaking genius."

-----------------------------------------
Things I Liked: the Prescott Family, character development, Part Two
Things I Loved: Caleb, Part One, sassy Sydney
Things I Disliked: the abrupt/rushed ending
-----------------------------------------

Swoon <3

Interference Teaser 1

After reading From the Beginning (Prescott #0.5) back in April I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book by Mignon! Although, I originally thought it would be on the timeframe of Noah Sr. and possibly teammates, not his children. However, I'm 10000% happy with the direction Mignon decided to take the series in!!

Interference consist of dual POVs from Sydney and Caleb and is broken up into two parts. Part One, is mainly of Syd and Caleb meeting and their time on the cruise. Part two, is filled with what happens when Syd leaves and the drama a reality TV show can bring. Throughout Interference we mostly get Caleb's POV which I enjoyed! I found that Mignon did an excellent job really of showing readers a male's perspective. Sydney still has a good amount of chapters from her POV which I highly enjoyed, she's sassy and hilarious! When things got bad though I wanted more chapters from her to hear her POV on how she was feeling towards Caleb. The chemistry between the two of them is obvious from the moment they meet and well crafted from beginning to end. I liked how Mignon gave Syd and Caleb minor character development, both characters weren't bad people with major issues but each had minor fault when it came to trust.

Interference Teaser 4

The only thing I wasn't okay with was the ending. It wasn't a bad ending! To me it just felt slightly rushed. Things happen, and thankfully they get resolved but I felt like the pace of the Chapter 31, Chapter 32, which takes place one week later, and the Epilogue could have been slowed down a bit.

I can't wait for the next book in the Prescott series! I love the whole family and can't wait to read more about the kids but I'm really hoping we'll get Jonny's book soon :). Also, I think it would be pretty cool is Sydney's family had a spin off series!

Would I recommend Interference? YES!!! Gosh, yes! Also, be sure to check out From the Beginning (Prescott, #0.5)! My review can be found here! I can't wait to read more by Mignon, she just has a way of grabbing readers attention and holding it for the full duration of her books.

Favourite Quotes
"Who the hell finds love in a few weeks? And who wants to share her man with fifty thousand other girls, as they stick their tongues down his throat? Certainly not me. No. Thank. You."

"Fuck a duck. Peace out, girl scout, this wasn't going to be easy as I'd hoped. The longer I looked at Caleb in person, the more intimidated I became by him. The elder Prescott brother was hands-down gorgeous. Paired with the sleep-thickened voice I heard this morning, I could feel my lady bits tighten and my heart rate accelerate from something other than business nerves."

"Shit, she was pretty. I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to work this whole show thing and Sydney thing. Not that there was technically a Sydney thing, but...still."

"Maybe my dad was right-you could meet someone in a month's time and fall for them."

"Your interference is always well worth it."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Interference.

May 1, 2016 – Shelved
May 1, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 8, 2016 – Started Reading
August 8, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
August 8, 2016 –
64.0% "On Part 2. Caleb, I love you, I swear. But if I don't get Syd's POV soon I'm going to pissed!"
August 8, 2016 –
72.0% "I wanted life to be normal. I wanted to meet Caleb and for him to say no to the show but yes to coffee. I wanted a regular boy meets girl scenario where cameras and attention whores weren’t around." Oh Syd 3"
August 8, 2016 –
82.0% ""Another good day in the books." Why do I get the feeling shit is about to hit the fan?"
August 8, 2016 –
87.0% ""I’m going home tonight. Keep in touch, Myke. Maybe we can meet for coffee sometime. Your family is great and I loved getting to know everyone." - Yep. Shit is hitting the fan."
August 8, 2016 – Finished Reading