Ashley's Reviews > The Dark and Hollow Places

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

Apr 21, 2011

Read in May, 2011

In being an avid reader of YA I am often frustrated by these modern fiction endings that leave everything open for me to 'choose my own adventure' kind of situation. So when I read a series I want to have a certain level of closure at the end of everything. I want to know that my time over the 3 book series was not wasted by a book that ends with me having to figure out what might have could have probably possibly happened to these characters I have grown attached to. That being said I am not always looking for a series to be wrapped up and perfectly ended all things tied with a bow (read into this as a HP reference).

IF you have continued reading- My point is, thank you Carrie Ryan. I really enjoyed this series of books, they were a lose kind of series, where it was almost more like companion books with ties to one another. Ultimately this final book in the trio really worked for me. I loved the new characters we were introduced to. I really appreciated the duality of Annah as a strong young woman who is beset by the weakness of insecurity but still managing to present an image that girls can relate to and find strength in. Bravo. The zombie action continued to keep me on the edge of my seat as things really came to a head (that might have been zombie humor) and so the build up to the end had me really addicted, I ended up staying up half the night reading the last of this book. If you haven't started this series I really recommend it. Start with The Forest of Hands and Teeth though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark and Hollow Places.

05/14/2011 page 125