Melanie's Reviews > Fading Starlight

Fading Starlight by Kathryn Cushman

Apr 29, 2016

bookshelves: netgalley-read

I think Fading Starlight is the first novel I've read by Kathryn Cushman, but after loving this one, I definitely plan on reading more of her books!

I loved the characters and how romance was not a major plot point. It was really interesting to learn about Miss Montgomery and the reasons for why she acted the way she did. I felt kind of bad that she was so untrusting of people, but in some ways I can see why she would be.

I liked how the MC kept showing random acts of kindness and even when her temper got the best of her (because of how those acts were received), she tried to do better and not let her emotions control her actions.

All in all, this was a stellar contemporary read and I definitely recommend it. It had a little romance, some intrigue, and just all-around a good plot.

*I received a complimentary eBook copy of this book for my honest review. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fading Starlight.

April 29, 2016 – Shelved
April 29, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 1, 2016 – Started Reading
page 1
September 2, 2016 –
21.0% "This is quite good so far! I'm curious about Miss Montgomery..."
September 3, 2016 –
93.0% "I'm shocked how there's little-to-no romance in this book...but I'm loving it! :)"
September 3, 2016 – Finished Reading