megs_bookrack's Reviews > I Let You Go

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

And just like that, Mackintosh is redeemed in my eyes!

Artist, Jenna Gray, arrives in a small town on the Welsh Coast and hastily rents a remote cottage there. Like many unreliable narrators before her, she is clearly running from something, but what?

Chances are it is connected with the hit-and-run death of a child that the book opens with but as a reader, you aren't sure of the connection.

We then follow Jenna as she settles into her new life and begins to find happiness in her newly discovered independence. We also follow intrepid police detectives continuing to work the hit-and-run case.

Slowly, the two storylines begin to merge and what is revealed projects the narrative into the stratosphere. A new perspective is introduced and things rapidly start to come together.

I had a lot of fun with this one although some of the subject matter was hard to read. Trigger Warnings for: (view spoiler)

Overall, I loved the atmosphere, the mystery was strong, as well as the police procedural aspects of the story. Jenna really grew on me over the course of the book and all in all, I did appreciate her character growth.

I would recommend this to the few thriller readers out there who have yet to pick this one up. I feel like I was the last one but there you go.

A quick read with a satisfying ending -- what more could you ask for this summer? Pick it up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Let You Go.

April 29, 2016 – Shelved
April 29, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 14, 2019 – Started Reading
June 14, 2019 –
June 15, 2019 –
June 15, 2019 –
June 16, 2019 –
43.0% "What in the heck!? New perspective...

Me to the storyline:

"
June 17, 2019 –
June 17, 2019 –
75.0% "Some of this is really hard to read...

"
June 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Felicia I loooooved this book!

Dita Yesssss!

megs_bookrack Felicia wrote: "I loooooved this book!" I was surprised by how into it I got. I had only ever read one other by her and I wasn't crazy about it. This was really good!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "Yesssss!" ...and now I want more... ;)

Dita Me too but I can't read her new one. Kids and serious illness are just too hard, maybe when my kids are older.

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "Me too but I can't read her new one. Kids and serious illness are just too hard, maybe when my kids are older."
The first one (and only other one) I read was Let Me Lie and I wasn't crazy about it. I didn't even know she had a new one out but I totally understand your hesitation with the subject matter.

Dita 😘❤️😘