Alka's Reviews > Napoleon's Privates: 2,500 Years of History Unzipped

Napoleon's Privates by Tony Perrottet

F 50x66

liked it

This book was interesting enough to merit 3 stars, but it's unlikely one that I'll return to, to read in full, at some point in the future, and I'm not even sure I'll keep it on my bookshelf (it was a present to me, from my husband, who chose it from a long list of options).

I found it to be excellent "bathroom reading." You know what I mean. It's the kind of book that has short and semi-interesting chapters that are perfect for a quick (or longer) trip to the restroom.

The thing is, I want to give it more stars! It strikes me as well-researched, and many of the stories really are fascinating (or downright disturbing). I wish it weren't so euro-centric.

Finally, I'm not sure that I would want to keep it in the house bc if my kids are anything like I was, I read everything available to me, often without my parents consent! This is probably fine for high school kids but I don't want to explain the topics herein in any kind of detail to anyone younger than 12 Years old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Napoleon's Privates.

April 29, 2016 – Shelved