Lorraine's Reviews > Of Books and Bagpipes

Of Books and Bagpipes by Paige Shelton

bookshelves: mystery-cozy, books-about-books, own, series
Recommended for: fans of Scotland and bookshops.

So happy to read about Delaney (from Kansas) Edwin, Hamlet, & Rosie who work at The Cracked Spine, a bookshop in Edinburgh, Scotland again I have missed them! Paige Shelton’s Of Books and Bagpipes (A Scottish Bookshop Mystery, #2) once again takes me to one of my favorite places, Edinburgh. Delaney is on a mission for Edwin so she and Elias ride in Elias’ cab out to Castle Doune to retrieve a ‘hard-to-find’ edition of Oor Willie, an ‘old Scottish comic’. As Delaney and Elias trek to the top of Castle Doune to meet the person who is to give Delaney this book, all is quiet and creepy. When they arrive on the battlements, no one is there, but Delaney spots a sandled foot which is attached to a dead body. That’s my Delaney! As this story continues, the reader meets William Wallace re-enactors, old college chums of Edwin’s & Delaney’s new ‘male’ friend, Tom. Who would know that Liam is a nickname for William? Enjoyable!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Books and Bagpipes.

April 29, 2016 – Shelved