Fran's Reviews > Veronika Decides to Die

Apr 20, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011, ebooks
Read from May 04 to 14, 2011

Paulo Coelho is a name most people have heard before, regardless of their amount of interest in books. As an avid reader, I decided that it was about time for me to read one of his books.

Veronika Decides to Die was definitely pleasurable to read. The book wasn't outstanding but it wasn't one I regret reading either. I found Paulo Coelho's narrating style to be very compelling. He managed to lure me in within the first few pages. It was really just because of his impeccable writing that I took an interest in Veronika's life. Reading the back of the book, it all sounded a bit trivial to me; a girl who doesn't have any major problems decides to kill herself simply because she doesn't want to get stuck in the routine of the life she's living. The simple writing brought a lot to the story.

The ending of the book was insanely predictable. Living life to its fullest is definitely the lesson the reader is meant to take away from this book, but I found it way too preachy to take it seriously.

I would like to give it more than 2 stars but because most of the chapters towards the end bored me, I won't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veronika Decides to Die.

05/04/2011 page 36