Pili's Reviews > Stalking Jack the Ripper

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Read 3 times. Last read August 28, 2018 to August 31, 2018.

I absolutely adored Thomas voice and POV and boy is it easier to understand his attitude now! I feel like we need more Thomas POV now!!

Merged review:

Brilliantly done!! The pacing, the atmosphere, the setting, the characters and the mystery, so well done!! I fell for the main red herring just has my dear Audrey Rose did, but I managed to guess the identity of Jack the Ripper before her, so I'm feeling quite happy with myself!! What an absolutely wonderful debut!!

I absolutely adored that Audrey Rose was struggling with keeping with what she loved and wanted to do, societal conventions be damned, but at the same time was trying not to worry her brother was trying to keep appearances to a point, but it all changes once things get really dire and when she starts suspecting her own blood of being involved in the cases she's dealing with.

I've always been fascinated by Jack The Ripper and all the theories about his identity and the mystery of who he could have been and what his motivations were? And in this book Kerri Maniscalco does a great job of presenting us a theory that works so great with the characters she's created and although it tweaks the actual events a lil, it could really have worked well in the time and place!

I loved how Audrey Rose was both intellectual and proving that she was not a fainting delicate rose but at the same time didn't need to lose her love for dresses or fashion, even if she was not keen on sticking with the strict society rules when it came to women.

Kerri's writing was very atmospheric and rich in details that really immersed you in the narrative and did not bog down the plot progress or the character development. She really made me hungry with all the talk about desi food and now thinking about it I'm once again having serious cravings!

The relationship between Audrey and Thomas was both intriguing, maddening and a lot of fun! They challenge each other in many ways and Thomas is both an intellectual in a rather Sherlockian way but at the same time, he's a bit of a rake and a flirt, so quite fun to read about!

With a rather emotional ending that I managed to guess a lil before it was revealed and still getting enough resolution to not leave us twitching, I'm so very looking forward to more installments into this companion series in which we'll follow Audrey and Thomas in more murder-solving adventures!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking Jack the Ripper.

April 28, 2016 – Shelved
April 28, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 8, 2016 – Started Reading
page 148
45.4% "I keep on suspecting someone else because the one arrested seemed too much of the obvious suspect! Really loving this one!!"
page 161
49.39% "Mehndi! Indian food!! *has massive cravings now*"
page 243
74.54% "That wasn't creepy or anything..."
August 9, 2016 – Finished Reading