Mind Fog Reviews Langstroth's Reviews > Jonathan's Cross

Jonathan's Cross by M.L. Gardner

Apr 20, 2011

Read in April, 2011

Jonathan’s Cross by M.L. Gardner is a one of a kind historical fiction that one doesn’t see every day. Set to what I believe is 1929 when the big Wall Street crash happened. Jonathan is a broker who lost everything after the crash. His wife and his three friends’ families are forced to rent from an enemy of Jonathan’s. They take a job on the docks that they are not prepared for. Meanwhile Jonathan’s enemy, Victor, is doing anything to make Jonathan’s life a living hell. Will Jonathan and his friends survive their new life? Will they find a way out? And just what does Victor have up his sleeve?

I have been a huge fan of historical fiction since I was a teenager and Jonathan’s Cross has fed my addiction thankfully. It has action, and suspense, and you can feel the love that all three husbands have for their wives. Ms. Gardner brings all of her characters to life and brings wonderful details when she introduces more characters. I cannot wait to read the sequel to this book and I hope that that Ms. Gardner allows me the honor of reviewing the next one.

4.5 bookmarks
Carol Langstroth, Manager
Mind Fog Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jonathan's Cross.