Dan's Reviews > The Purpose Effect: Building Meaning in Yourself, Your Role, and Your Organization

The Purpose Effect by Dan Pontefract

5242016
Apr 27, 2016

(Review from the author)

As the author, I have read it several hundred times ... and am a wee bit biased, of course. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Purpose Effect.

Quotes Dan Liked

Dan Pontefract
“The Purpose Effect results in a higher calling, where individuals and organizations seek to improve society to benefit all stakeholders.”
Dan Pontefract, The Purpose Effect: Building Meaning in Yourself, Your Role, and Your Organization

Dan Pontefract
“Each of us deserves a life where we get paid to fulfill our purpose, in an organization that consciously chooses to do good.”

Dan Pontefract
“If work is to make a life the purpose of the organization might need to shift to include a greater degree of meaning.”

Finished Reading
April 27, 2016 – Shelved

message 1: by Siriusly (new)

Siriusly This gives me pause. I find it unprofessional when an author rates/reviews his or her own books. Very uncouth. Not hating, just saying...

message 2: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan Pollo wrote: "This gives me pause. I find it unprofessional when an author rates/reviews his or her own books. Very uncouth. Not hating, just saying..."

Fair enough ... good point. Deleted.

message 3: by Siriusly (new)

Siriusly Wow! Dan, your couth (and cool) points increased substantially. :-)

message 4: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan Pollo wrote: "Wow! Dan, your couth (and cool) points increased substantially. :-)"

Thanks Pollo. I live by the motto, "We're not here to see through each other; we're here to see each other through."

Listening is as important as acting.

message 5: by Siriusly (new)

Siriusly Indeed.