Michelle Johnson's Reviews > Dangerous Lies

Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick

liked it

Feeling a little conflicted about this one
 photo tumblr_n1b559XeQg1qewjl9o1_250_zpsgiq9wnew.gif

When I came across this book and saw who the author was, immediately I had to have it. Being a fan of her previous work with the Hush Hush Series I didn't really read the synopsis. My eyes saw Becca Fitzpatrick and my mind went YUP!

The premise of this book is very intriguing. Estella Goodwin witnesses a murder and is put into witness protection in the small town of Thunder Basin where she takes on her new identity of Stella Gordon. Now, this obviously wouldn't be juicy if she just did nothing all summer hiding out in the middle of nowhere. Stella comes across some eye candy. Chet. A blond haired, blue eyed former rebel that has since repented from his past transgressions and is now trying to do right.

photo tumblr_m6mna5gSGO1rpivi1o1_500_zpsqvxmsfua.gif

Diving into this book, it was easy to become entranced in Stella's story because the writing is so crisp and descriptive that you can't help but become consumed by it. You can't help but feel for Stella because of her situation and everything she had to leave behind. However, as the story unfolded, I found myself irritated with Stella.

From the jump I knew what would happen between her and Chet. She wanted to keep things friendly because she still had a boyfriend, but..., girlfriend kept teasing and leading Chet on. So naturally, Chet starts reciprocating and she then hits him with the..., let's be friends card. Come. On. You're so worried and so in love with your boyfriend but go out of your way to seek Chet out? Girl please.

Apart from constantly shaking my head at Stella's antics. I found the book dragged on a little too long before actually bringing back up the real reason she was in witness protection in the first place.

Despite not being a big fan of the story itself, the book still kept my interest until the end. Becca Fitzpatrick is one of those authors that I would read just about every piece of work she's written just to get wrapped up in her writing.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous Lies.

April 27, 2016 – Shelved