Marleen's Reviews > The Witch of Duva

The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo

bookshelves: read-in-2016, favorites, fantasy

This short story was amazing! I absolutely loved it. For me, it is everything that a fairy/folk tale should be: intriguing, dark, a bit scary, with a plot twist - and it sucks you in right away: that at the final word, you realize you have been holding your breath the entire read.

And oh my, Bardugo knows how to write some amazing food scenes! I noticed this in the Grisha trilogy too, but in The Witch of Duva, she's at her absolute best describing the smell and taste of everything. Great food writing: always a plus in my book.

Go read this now if you haven't yet! You can read it for free over on Tor.com (another plus!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch of Duva.

April 24, 2016 – Started Reading
April 24, 2016 – Finished Reading
April 27, 2016 – Shelved
January 22, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
January 22, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
May 30, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Zaz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zaz Yes, it's great, I'm looking forward to continue the Grisha trilogy, her writing is really pleasant.

Marleen Zaz wrote: "Yes, it's great, I'm looking forward to continue the Grisha trilogy, her writing is really pleasant.
I think you'll love Uprooted if you loved this one as they are very similar in the atmosphere :)"

It really surprised me! The whole vibe was great. And knowing that, I'm even more looking forward to reading Uprooted!