Reading Teen's Reviews > Glimpse

Glimpse by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

Apr 19, 2011

This book was very good and had a great plot/storyline. Zellie was a good character and I liked Avery a lot. The characters were developed at a good pace and I liked Zellie and Avery's chemistry. Avery was a good boyfriend to Zellie and I like the way he was written. He was in love with Zellie from the very beginning. Avery had an innocence, yet manly approach to life, and I liked that. I was surprised to find that my favorite character was Claire, Zellie's best friend. I normally go most for the main character, but Claire was quirky and funny. She made me laugh. Melody, Zellie's sister was also a good character. She rounded out the group nicely.

I loved the vision's Zellie would have about the people she was around, they were very interesting. Sometimes a little gory, but still very interesting to read. This book sorta reminded me of the movie Premonition with Sandra Bullock. I like the idea of getting a negative Glimpse of the future and being able to help change it in someway. Stacey Benefiel had a very good take on the plot and she threw in some twists and turns that were unexpected.

The only problem I had with this book, was a lack of morality throughout. The characters seemed to do what they wanted, when they wanted, without regard for anyone around them. Family members were hurt and being torn apart. A lack of concern for right and wrong was overwhelming. Let me just say, if this were a true story, families would have broken up over choices even the adults had made. And I find that disheartening, especially since the adults should be making the wise decisions. It was almost opposite in this book. It seemed the teens were cleaning up the mess the parents were making. These events didn't take away from the book though, I feel it was just a little distracting.

I would defintely recommend this book to anyone who loves a romantic paranormal, like I do!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glimpse.

Stacey Benefiel I think you accidentally posted the wrong review. :)

Reading Teen Stacey wrote: "I think you accidentally posted the wrong review. :)"

thanks!! I fixed it! Added too many tonight! :D